The origin of the docks Pouliguen 15th century. Fully restored in 1861, they are paired with granite and extend today to the end of the Promenade.
The étier is the boundary between the municipalities of La Baule, Pouliguen, but only at the origin, pouliguennaise bank was arranged.
Once lined with beautiful house, the oldest dating back to the 16th century, the port has changed. The constructions of contemporary granite of the great era of the salt trade have mostly given way, or to such seaside villas or of modern buildings from the 1960s.
Today in Pouliguen, boating has replaced the traditional activities like the salt trade or fishing.
Today there are about 700 places on the pontoon boating and less than ten fishing boats.
Visit the chapel of Penchâteau, chapel called St. Anne, is actually dedicated to Saint Julien. It is listed on the inventory of historical monuments such as the 15th century chapel.
Outside, note the southwest gate of the 15th century and the Gothic flamboyant mullioned window.
Inside, beautiful wood frame of the 15th century, interesting statues of the 16th, 17th and 18th century polychrome wood or stone and votive 18th century. The side chapel is adorned with a flamboyant Gothic rose window.